Empowering Leaders for Tomorrow!
The Women’s Leadership Conference: Empowering Leaders for Tomorrow strives to educate students on topics of leadership that relate to women. Women leaders are empowering one another when it comes to perseverance, endurance and producing successful outcomes. This breakthrough leadership conference will explore women’s roles and their impact through the arenas of business, health, and education. Conference attendees will have an opportunity to network and interact with influential women from around the SHSU community who have overcome mind-boggling barriers and leapt mountains to excel as leaders.
Speakers during the conference will include university professors and administrators who have remained grounded and believe in developing leadership for future generations. Attendees can count on learning today’s relevant trends in becoming a better leader and how to continue balancing the day-to-day pressures of being an involved student, ultimately transferring it to future work life.
Participating in The Women’s Leadership Conference will challenge you to:
- Create new understandings related to Women’s Leadership from presentations and dialogue with others
- Be open to new ideas and perspectives about Women’s Leadership topics
- Begin to formulate opinions about the advancement of women in leadership roles
- Articulate the importance of advocating for women to develop as leaders
- Assess your own leadership journey
- Develop an increased motivation to lead
- Make intentional decisions regarding long-term goals and objectives
- Currently enrolled SHSU undergraduate/graduate students are invited to register; both men and women
- Business or Business Casual Attire is expected for conference attendees
- Registered students must participate and attend the entire conference
- Complete this registration form and return it with the registration fee of $5.00 (exact cash or check payable to SHSU) by 5:00 PM on Friday, October 31, 2014; Registrations after October 31 will be accepted until 5:00 PM on Friday, November 7 with a late registration fee of $10.00
- Once the conference is full, students wishing to register will be placed on a waiting list
- Registered students will receive email communication confirming their registration for the conference
- Volunteers are needed to assist with conference materials, conference check-in, and are also needed to moderate workshop sessions
- If you are interested in volunteering, please indicate your interest on the registration form. You will be notified via email if you are selected as a volunteer, and a mandatory volunteer meeting will be held on Thursday, November 13, 2014 at 5:00 PM.
For questions, contact Nayeli Lopez at (936) 294-1633 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS: FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 21, 2014
|Conference Check-In||2:00-2:30 PM||LSC 320|
|Conference Welcome||2:30-2:50 PM||LSC 320|
|Concurrent Workshop Session 1||3:00-3:55 PM||LSC 321, 304, 315|
|Concurrent Workshop Session 2||4:00-4:55 PM||LSC 321, 304, 315|
|Concurrent Workshop Session 3||5:00-5:55 PM||LSC 321, 304, 315|
|Keynote Speaker & Banquet||6:00-8:00 PM||LSC 320\|